3.25.2010

lounging around

sailboat

sailboat1

sailboat2

sailboat3

dress, Rachel Pally; earrings, gift; bracelet, the mart; watch, my mom's

Here are some more pictures from last weekend that I didn't get around to posting. These are from our friend's sister's apartment in downtown overlooking Los Angeles. The view is just breathtaking and their entire place is lined with windows! 

This is the only maxi dress I own. I think that's because I had, for some time, a misconception about not being able to wear dresses of this length since I'm only 5'4. When I finally got past my initial apprehensions and actually tried on a maxi dress I realized that not only do they flatter my body, they look very glamorous. This Rachel Pally dress is best paired, I find, with gold jewelry to accentuate it's nautical appeal. Anyone who has lived in Miami knows of "the mart" but for those who don't, "the mart" is the Miami International Merchandise Mart where one can get great deals on jewelry. The bracelet I'm wearing was only $5!

*side note on my dress: much like the American Apparel bandeau dress (which I also own in 3 colors!) it can be worn a variety of different ways. I'm wearing it here with a low cut cowl neckline but it can also be worn as a tube top neckline or maxi skirt. I LOVE anything with multiple uses! Hence my panini maker/grilled cheese press/ waffle iron!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment