3.14.2010

waffles from scratch

waffles5

waffles3

waffles2

waffles1

This morning seemed like as good a time as any to christen my new waffle iron! I'm a total goof at making pancakes and a waffle is the more complicated, less understood cousin of the pancake. Needless to say, I was nervous about how it would turn out. I used this recipe which had extra steps (including beating egg whites until stiff) but boasted lighter and fluffier waffles. On the first batch, I opened the iron too soon causing the waffles to rip apart at the middle. Next time I will definitely spray the plates with non-stick. Here's the final product:

waffles

They were light and fluffy as promised. Yummy syrupy squares! I didn't alter with the recipe this time since it was my first attempt, but I can't wait to add chocolate chips or blueberries and cinnamon to the batter. Maybe some fresh whipped cream and strawberries on top.

1 comment: