5.08.2010

pita pizza remix - roasted veggie

rvpita

I've been sitting on these roasted veggie pita pizza pictures for almost a week now (bad food blogger, bad!) Roasted veggies added a nutrition punch to my original pita pizza; especially since I've been making an effort to eat more veggies! Roasting veggies is a great way to get a lot of flavor out of them. For this pizza, I reused some veggies I had roasted the day before.

To roast: I used an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms, one carrot, one yellow squash and one zucchini. I washed and sliced all the veggies then tossed them in olive oil and salt and pepper. I roasted for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, took them out, stirred them around, roasted for another 10 minutes. They came out perfect!

To make the pizza: spread tomato sauce on a whole wheat pita (I added some garlic salt, yum!) Spread a layer of roasted veggies. Top the pizza with shredded mozzarella and crumbled goat cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!

rvpita

rvpita

rvpita

rvpita

rvpita

No comments:

Post a Comment